AWC 2022 Presenters
The organisers of the 38 th annual Australian Wiccan Conference (AWC), to be held from Friday the 16 th to Sunday 18 th September 2022 (inclusive of Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) on Victoria’s Great Ocean Road, invite expressions of interest to present workshops and talks.
The theme of the AWC 2022 is a celebration of spring and of the creative spark that inspires us all at this time of year. We intend the AWC 2022 to be a welcoming, inclusive event and presenters of workshops and talks are a vital part of that. The organisers are keen to hear from participants who may not previously have presented a talk or workshop at an AWC and can offer support and mentoring if required.
Structure of the program: one stream will be related to Spring and, while providing useful knowledge and/or skills to participants that they can take home, will also directly contribute to the construction of the Spring Ritual on the Saturday night. A second stream will consist of any other topics of relevance to participants but does not need to be related to Spring.
The AWC 2022 may receive more expressions of interest to present workshops and talks than can be accommodated and the decision of the organising committee regarding the program will be based upon maintaining a balance of subjects offered for talks and workshops.
The organising committee has also established an option for ‘flash’ talks and workshops, which will be not more than 20 minutes and will be scheduled around the daily program of activities.
Please include in your proposal:
- The title and a description of your workshop or talk of up to 150 words (which will be published in the program).
- A presenter bio of up to 75 words (which will be published in the program).
- A photo of yourself (.jpg or .png) that can be used in promotional activities on social media and published in the program.
- Duration of talk or workshop (between 1 – 2 hours) or flash talk (up to 20 minutes).
- Maximum number of participants able to be accommodated.
- If materials are required, will these be provided and if so, is there a cost to participants?
- Noise: please indicate if your talk or workshop will generate noise, or alternatively, if you require a quiet space (e.g. meditation).
- Please advise any equipment requirements, e.g. tables for practical use, laptop/projector for presentations, etc.
- Level – open to all / some prior experience required.
- Confirmation that workshop and talk notes will be provided to the AWC 2022 organising committee upon conclusion of the event, to be included in the AWC 2022 Conference Papers.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than 31 May 2022.
Please complete your application form here: https://forms.gle/v52dPLRrA2YyUcsb9
Participants are welcome to apply to have a market stall at the AWC 2022. There are no fees, but all market stallholders will be asked to provide a quality item for the AWC raffle. For more information about arrangements, please contact email@example.com – all stalls and merchandise are the responsibility of the stallholder.
The site and the AWC Inc are not responsible for any loss or damage.